Ariana Grande Devastated singer announces concert in Manchester for bombing victims

The bombing reportedly killed 22 people and injured over a 100 others, most of them young people.

  • Published:
Ariana Grande tearful touchdown play

Ariana Grande tearful touchdown

(DailyMail)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Ariana Grande has revealed that she will be holding a benefit concert in Manchester for the victims of Monday's suicide bombing which took place during her show in English city.

She said this in a post via her Instagram page, adding that a date for the concert is yet to be sorted out.

The bombing reportedly killed 22 people and injured over a 100 others, most of them young people.

it occurred just as Grande finished her performance.

 

She canceled several concerts scheduled in London and Europe from May through to  June 5.

"I'll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families. ... I will have details to share with you as soon as everything is confirmed," Grande wrote.

Grande also tweeted a link to a fundraising site for the victims organized by the Manchester Evening News, which has so far brought in some 1.7 million pounds ($2.1 million)

After the tragic bombing, Grande tweeted that she was "Broken" by the incident by Salman Abedi, British-born that was allegedly claimed by Islamic state.

She returned to her home in Florida on Tuesday, May 24.

In the post she shared via her Instagram page, she said "Dangerous Woman" concert tour was intended to be a "space for my fans, a place for them to escape, to celebrate, to heal, to feel safe and to be themselves."

She added that the victims would be "on my mind and in my heart everyday ... for the rest of my life."

Grande added with defiance: "We will not quit or operate in fear. We won't let this divide us. We won't let hate win."

This undated photo from Facebook shows Salman Abedi, the suspected suicide bomber in the recent attack on an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester play

This undated photo from Facebook shows Salman Abedi, the suspected suicide bomber in the recent attack on an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

(FACEBOOK/AFP)

 

A Manchester native, Former Oasis frontman, Liam Gallagher, on Friday, may 26, that he would donate the proceeds of his show next Tuesday in the city to a fund supporting victims and their families.

He tweeted that he was "in total shock and absolutely devastated" by the attack.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.