Don Jazzy has come a long way from Tongolo till this day, and here are some things should know about the Alpha Mavin.
He is also one of the most influential celebrities in Africa. Here are a few more things to know about Don Dorobucci:
1. He is AJ bred: This is one settlement in Lagos that has arguably produced the most talents in every sphere, from music to sports. Although he is Delta by, origin, he was born in Umuahia, Abia State, and his family moved to Ajegunle in Lagos while he was little.
2. He was born into a Cherubim and Seraphim family: His roots in the white garment church may have strengthened his musical roots as we have seen with other artistes who share the same roots like Oritsefemi.
3. His first instrument was the drums: At age 4, he clearly had strong interests in the drum and singing, and at age 12, he first picked up a bass guitar, and developed a passion for it.
4. He studied Business Management: Perhaps, his Ambrose Alli University degree why everything Don Jazzy tries his hands on becomes a commercial success.
5. JJC honed his skills: Michael moved to the UK in 2000, where he played drums for a neighbourhood church. Though he had side jobs like being a security guard to make ends meet, he met with JJC, led by Skillz, and it was there he talent started to become honed.
6. His first hit was in 2004: Because of his hunger for success, he moved back to Nigeria with Dapo "D'banj" Oyebanji, and together, they started Mo-Hits records and dropped the first hit single, Tongolo. They made a grand entrance into the Nigeria music industry.
7. He split with D'banj in 2012: 8 years after they changed the Nigerian entertainment scene, D'banj and Don Jazzy split and thus came the end of the Mo'Hits era.
9. He currently runs the most successful record label in Nigeria: The Supreme Mavin Dynasty is currently the most successful record label in career. He has managed to turn completely unknown young talents to superstars. We know them as the Mavin 2.0.