In honour of Father's Day, here are some Bible verses on how to be a great dad.
In honour of this, Pulse Religion is offering scriptural references to celebrate the special bond that exists between a father and his child.
Here are nine Bible verses on fatherhood.
1. Proverbs 1:8 says, "Hear, my son, your father’s instruction And do not forsake your mother’s teaching."
2.Psalm 103:13 says, "As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him."
3. Proverbs 3:11 says, “My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the LORD reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.”
4. Proverbs 23:24 says, "Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old."
5. Hebrews 12:7 says, "The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him."
ALSO READ: "Letter from a father" by Pastor Tony Rapu
6. Proverbs 17:6 says, "Grandchildren are the crown of old men, And the glory of sons is their fathers."
7. Psalms 127:3-5 says, “Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.”
8. Ephesians 6:4 says, “Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.”
9. Colossians 3:21 says, “Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.”